2 Ekim 2012 Salı

Cranberry & Fig Pie

To contact us Click HERE
I love the tartness of cranberries, so when I tasted this pie and thought it too sweet, I decided not to post the recipe.  John, on the other hand loved it and ate every last piece. So, on his recommendation, I am sharing it.I substituted chopped fresh figs for the raisins 
Cranberry and Fig Pierecipe sourcePRINT RECIPE
Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
2 cups cranberries
1 cup raisins
1 tablespoon butter
1 (8-inch) unbaked pie shell, with extra for lattice strips. (I used this recipe for a 9-inch TWO crust)

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 450°F.

2) Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium pot; whisk well. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat, whisking constantly. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring, about 5 minutes.

3) Add cranberries, raisins, and butter; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4) Pour cranberry mixture into prepared pie shell. Bake 35 minutes, until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool 15 minutes before serving.

Serve with Vanilla Ice-Cream, if desired

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder