13 Ekim 2012 Cumartesi

Sweet Potato Pineapple Cake

To contact us Click HERE
Here is a unique cake...Have you ever spent way too long searching for a recipe.  Cookbooks spread all over and lots of tabs opened on the computer?  I did that this week searching for a cake recipe using sweet potatoes. I noted many including one that added banana but finally settled on this one with pineapple. I served it at our Bible study where it was enjoyed.  Someone even asked for the recipe.The cake was moist as I expected, the flavor was pleasant and the cream cheese frosting great but still not exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to try a Bundt cake next.Sweet Potato Pineapple Cake Taste of Home 2012

PRINT RECIPE

12 Servings Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling

Ingredients
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1 cup water
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

FROSTING:
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions
In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.

Divide the batter among three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.

RECIPE NOTES

  • I substituted 1 cup fresh, baked sweet potatoes and mashed for the canned sweet potatoes.
  • I used vegetable oil for the canola oil
  • I halved the frosting recipe and used only half of that for frosting the cake. (so I used 1/4 of the frosting recipe) I did not frost the sides and thought the cake was sufficiently sweet with the amount of frosting used.
  • I decorated the top with pecan halves.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder