9 Kasım 2012 Cuma

Oatmeal Cookies to the Rescue

To contact us Click HERE

What's a Mom-Mom to do when her always talkative and friendly 15-year old grandson becomes a one-word-answer, not-much-to-say young man? That's a heart Ouch! One that this mom of all girls never encountered.
Having cookies waiting each day after school seems to be helping!  Yup. Now, "I want cookies!" is what I hear as the door opens and he sits down ready to chat a bit.  Especially about his Latin class.  As he queries me on conjugating verbs and vocabulary, I dig way back to my high school years and struggle to remember.Then we see who is better playing games on his phone. Our newest favorite is an app called infecct (a maze game).  He is much better that me but occasionally I astound him by getting an 'impressive' rating.  Not too often but enough to give cause for me to dance about.I know he is tired getting up at 5:30 each morning and then a busy day in classes and hanging with his grandmom isn't high on his list of fun things to do.
So, not only is my mind getting a healthy workout but my heart is being warmed too.
NILDESPERANDUM
Never DespairOatmeal Raisin CookiesThis recipe was shared in an old home school bulletin by our pastors wife. Called Grandma Turner's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, it is noted as his favorite cookie.I shared the recipe just as it was printed and added my own instructions at the end.
They are crispy on the outside and chewy inside.
Raisins for me... chocolate chips for JaredPRINT RECIPE
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg beaten with 1 Tbs water (I did not add the water)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups oats (not instant)
1 cup raisins

Cook at 350 for 13 minutes
~*~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and oats.

In mixer bowl, cream softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.  Stir in egg and vanilla.

Add dry ingredients and stir to combine.  Stir in raisins or chocolate chips.

Scoop by spoonful onto ungreased baking sheet.  Bake for 13 minutes. (I made rather large cookies and got about 30 cookies and so needed to bake longer)

Allow to sit a minute or two before removing to a cooling rack.

linking to Thursdays Favorite Things

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder