10 Kasım 2012 Cumartesi

White and Light

To contact us Click HERE
I love them both in our home.Many times I thought of adding shelves to the kitchen windows.So, part of our anniversary day together was spent picking up supplies for this project.Yup, that's what you do when married 37 years ~ enjoy being together even in the mundane things. My goal was to update and add interest to the window, include some privacy, still enjoy the backyard view and spend as little as possible.Initially I wanted glass shelves but we decided to make them of wood. We couldn't find white brackets that we wanted so I painted the ones we liked the style of.  Standard molding framed the outside of the windows. Then it was on to spackle the nail holes, sand, prime and paint. John added a thin piece of wood to the shelf edges for more detail. No curtain was Jared's preference, and I liked the look too.I went ahead and made cafe curtains and hung them with those cute little ring clips from a thin rod.  However, I didn't like gap between the shelf edge and the top of the curtains.So, I simply slid the rod through a single pocket I made. The seasonal views are always lovely through these windowsspringtime flowerssummer greenautumn colorswinter snowwild life ~ birds rabbits squirrels chipmunks (and even a blue heron)
linking to Show & Tell Friday and Seasonal Sunday's, Blissful Whites Wednesday, Look What I Made, Transformation Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder