7 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

A Decision of Mantle Proportions

To contact us Click HERE
no more lime green. ever.Back to a color I can live with. It all started with a desire to lighten the family room.I had a plan to add wood trim above the mantle and paint it all a white semi-gloss to match the rest of the fireplace. After telling John what I envisioned, he did the measuring, calculations and...building. I did the nail-hole filling, spackling, sanding, priming and painting. 
 That part of the job went as planned.Next came the careful and thoughtful color choice.  I thought I nailed it.  I did not.
The wall color looked bright and cheerful...for a few minutes each morning.It looked dreadful and gaudy for all the rest of the minutes of the day and night, especially with the lights turned on.
My confidence to now choose a pleasing color was shot and I daily contemplated a remedy.I thought about using the pale aqua blue I have in my dining room that I will be forever pleased with. I thought of another bold statement-color like a deep, rich turquoise but quickly dismissed it in fear of another disaster in both wasted time and cost.  Feeling uncertain about a color to correct, I rummaged through the assortment of paint cans in the garage and found one with enough paint to cover the eye-sore and return a soothing calmness to my soul. During our visit with Jill, we went to a Kirkland's store near her and I was delighted to find this beautiful Peacock picture. Not only did I love it but it was also on sale. Very on sale!  The final price was an unbelievable $28! When the cashier told me the total, I asked if she got everything.John picked the sconces and I also bought a pair of canvas peacock pieces.
 A pretty vase filled with peacock feathers, and plate given to me last year from my cousin and a tiny oil jar Jill gave me when she was first married along with a few aqua colored wine bottles from Erin decorate the mantle.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder