16 Şubat 2013 Cumartesi

Banana Peanut Butter Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

To contact us Click HERE
Pin It
The bananas in this cake makes it much healthier than other cakes right?  I jest, but everything in moderation, I say.  For my husband's brother in law's birthday dinner last weekend, I made this banana cake with peanut butter filling and cream cheese frosting.
I tested out a new banana cake recipe, which I included below, but I'm not 100% happy with it.  The banana taste was too subtle and I wish the cake wasn't as dense.  Given all the positive reviews, I might go back to this recipe but substituting cake flour and adding sour cream.
Also, I used melted chocolate to pipe "Happy Birthday" and I realized how much I liked the flow of the chocolate versus frosting.  Will definitely use this method again.
Banana Cakeadapted from Allrecipes.comMakes 1 8 inch cake
3/4 cup butter2 1/8 cups white sugar3 eggs2 teaspoons vanilla extract3 cups all purpose flour1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda1/4 teaspoon salt1 1/2 cups buttermilk1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease and flour 3 8 inch baking pans.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt together.  Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs one at a time.  Add the vanilla.  Stir in the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk.  Stir in the bananas.  Pour the batter evenly among the pans.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.
Remove from oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack.  Remove from pan and continue to let cool completely on the rack.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder