7 Temmuz 2012 Cumartesi

Dear Blogger, you suck plus Alton Brown info

To contact us Click HERE
Recently Blogger updated its interface to something that is not as user friendly with custom templates.  Therefore, the old look of the site is not going to work any longer.  All of that wonderful html coding and whatnot Blogger once allowed isn't available for the template I formerly used, so I have decided to revive the self-hosted Wordpress interface I started some time ago when debating the benefits of free versus free.  Guess Blogger made that choice easier.

That site is: http//:news.altonbrownfans.com

As for a day-to-day updated posts like this site offered, I'm afraid that too will a thing of the past.  In the few months Mr. Brown has been on Twitter, in addition to his updated site, I see no reason to write posts for news and information purposes.  If you want news you can get it in real time with Mr. Brown, now.

In fact after everything that has transpired over the few months Mr. Brown has joined the Twitterverse had changed my outlook on many things regarding the site..  I had hoped all of the times I met Mr. Brown and our seemingly great interactions had gone a long way to build a great rapport, unfortunately that is not the current reality.  He chose to block the fansite's old Twitter account along with my personal account for no reason.  I never did anything but tweet questions and supportive statements to him, and replies to his tweets. Maybe someday I will get that answer to way he did it, who knows.

Today, however, he did reply to a tweet!  So maybe not all is lost.  The site's new handle is @altonbrown_fans

The most unfortunate thing for me not that he did this but that his new opinion colored his judgment toward the two fundraisers conducted here.  I had hoped Mr. Brown would have sent a thank you to the readers who supported three causes near and dear to him.  I'm a afraid, since the fundraiser was tainted by this site, he chose not to thank anyone who supported it.  For that, I offer my deepest apology.  My hope was he would send a personal thank you to be shared on site for those of you who supported the causes.  Instead he chose not to thank you, the readers/his fans, for contributing.  I am very sorry he didn't respond in anyway and I hope it was just an oversight on his part.

The old blog posts will remain for archival purposes, however, it will also be stored on the new blog as well.  I am in the process of restructuring the overall fansite to include the old posts of how recipes turned out, show reviews, reports from events, etc. in their respective areas of the fansite.  I want the information to remain for others to use and hope it will be of use to others.  I may do write ups on some of the remaining recipes I want to try for the new blog, but I'm not making any promises about when that will start up again.

As for events, outside of Mr. Brown's October booktour for Good Eats 3, there is nothing currently scheduled so probably will not be including this type of news in any new incarnation of the blog.  Again, I will retain the reports of previous events for others to read, along with photos and video from them.

By the way, the first of the three one-hour Good Eats specials, "Right on Q" airs Saturday, August 6.

I wish to thank everyone who read, commented, emailed, and helped build the site over the past three years.  You guys are the best.  Hope to catch ya around sometime in the future with the new version of the site.

oxoxo
Lisa

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder