9 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi

Let Freedom Ring

To contact us Click HERE
I love the 4th of July and I love my country.A festive and happy time filled with fireworks, parades picnics, ball games, family time.Yet, I am concerned that our Freedom might be fading...~~~~~~~~
My country, ’tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims’ pride,
From every mountainside,
Let freedom ring!


My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills,
Like that above.


Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees,
Sweet freedom’s song;
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.


Our fathers’ God, to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing;
Long may our land be bright
With freedom’s holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King.
Words: Sam­u­el F. Smith, 1832

I found this Interesting:In a remarkable coincidence, both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, the only signers of the Declaration of Independence later to serve as Presidents of the United States, died on the same day: July 4, 1826, which was the 50th anniversary of the Declaration. Although not a signer of the Declaration of Independence, but another Founding Father who became a President, James Monroe, died on July 4, 1831, thus becoming the third president in a row who died on this memorable day. Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President, was born on July 4, 1872, and, so far, is the only President to have been born on Independence Day.
source: Wikipedia
~*~This cute, patriotic pillow shelf-tuck with the sweetest yoyos and bows was made by my blog friend, Cyn @Cynz Place.  She sent it to me as a give-away gift along with a very beautiful 'Blessings' paper bag album!Cyn has a sweet Etsy Shop too :)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder