13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

Deviled Ham

To contact us Click HERE
I'm frugal and try to get lots of mileage from every meal I cook.After the baked ham for Easter, I made ham lentil soup and then simmered the bone for stock.Then I thought I would see if I could find something different and searched for a recipe for Deviled Ham.I have never had Deviled Ham before so not sure what it should taste like but we liked this a lot.  I read through a few recipes that I found and came up with a tasty spread.  Good for a sandwich but especially yummy spread on a cracker.  I'm thinking a Friday Night Date-night with my sweetheart, with fancy crackers, assortment of cheeses, some grapes and apple slices and a glass of wine.I think I just determined what we will be doing Friday night:)I found you can add just about whatever you'd like to your Deviled Ham
Like many recipes, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of ways to make deviled ham. The cook's preferences are the sole determining factors on exactly what goes into their individual deviled ham recipes. Most recipes for deviled ham include diced, baked, or canned ham as a base; many cooks feel that a well-baked ham makes a better deviled ham. The recipe then calls for spices to make the ham deviled such as scallions or green onions, sour cream, hot mustard, tarragon, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and hot sauce; some cooks also add celery for extra crunch. Once enough ham, scallions, and sour cream have been mixed together to create a good texture, the rest of the ingredients are added according to taste.
Garlic and other herbs, such as oregano or thyme, might be substituted for the tarragon, depending on the flavor the cook is aiming for; some herbs will made the final product more or less spicy. Horseradish added to dry sherry or white wine is another popular add-in. Some cooks might even process the ham through a meat grinder for a smoother result — perhaps more suitable for sandwiches or crackers. The one thing most recipes agree on is that the deviled ham should be refrigerated for a few hours before it is eaten; this allows the flavors time to blend together. sourceDEVILED HAM
PRINT RECIPE
1 1/2 cups ham with all visible fat removed, pulsed a few times in food processor (I used my little Oscar)
2 Tbs. finely chopped onion
1 tsp. horseradish (next time I will add a little more)
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon mustard
1/3 cup Miracle Whip (or Mayonnaise) More or less depending on consistency you prefer
1/4 teaspoon vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
hot sauce (optional)1 tsp. honey or Maple Syrup (optional)
green onions or parsley (optional)

Combine ingredients and stir together gently.  Serve on crackers or use as a spread on bread.
Served on Pita Bread
Linking to:Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace, Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense, Foodie Friday @Rattlebridge Farm, Friday Food @ MomTrends, Strut Your Stuff, Sunday Round Up, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, On The Menu Monday @Stone Gable, Sunday Show Case @Under the Table Dreaming, Foodie Friday @Simple Living, Southern Sunday @A Slice of SouthernMy entry into Fridays Unfolded sponsored by Appliances Online and Bosch Washing Machines

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder